Monday 3 January 2011

Genre Of My Magazine

I wanted to choose a genre of music that i could relate to and that I would know a lot about so therefore my magazine would be affective rather than someone trying to produce something not know fully and being able to experience it.
With this in mind I decided on an 'indie' genre- which as well as being one of my favorite types of music it is also a genre on the rise, with many new bands appearing in this genre so i would always have something new to talk about. I would want to keep to the types of music that my readers would enjoy, bands like Mumford & Sons, Foals and The Temper Trap. But also try and introduce other artist that are loosely around the genre like Bruno Mars and JamieT which readers may enjoy listening to but aren't technically part of the same genre. I would also want to have a section in my magazine for bands/artist that are 'up and coming' so therefore helping them into the music scene and getting credit for it in my magazine!
This genre is also very gender neutral so can be enjoyed by both male and females. Although my magazine is mainly aimed for men, I would like it to appeal to a small percentage of women readers that are serious about music.

No comments:

Post a Comment