Monday 3 January 2011

Personalizing My Magazine

I wanted to give my magazine a personal look to it, so it kept it informal and friendly! so i designed two logos that would appear on my DPS and throughout my magazine. I used my original masthead as the base for both my logos, i did this so it would keep it familiar and easy to recognize and also to know what it is about!
This was the first one i designed, i would put it when it on articles and when talking about new bands/artists. It's to show that the magazine likes this and to look out for them in the future. I used the masthead but removed the black background so it had no fill, so therefore blended in with what it was in front of. I then used a hand-written font that i downloaded. I purposely wanted to use a hand-written font as it makes it look even more personal-also I put it on a slant so it looked although someone had just scribbled it across the logo. i kept to the black simple background that could be edited to any colour of background- but I put the orange circle behind the main part of the writing I did this as orange has been the colour scheme throughout the magazine and the colour 'the wire' should be connected with. Overall I think it gives a good impression and nice, familiar to see on a page!

I also designed this small logo for the magazines website, i thought a logo would make a better lasting impression on the reader than just simply writing it and if someone wanted to quickly find the magazines website it would be a very obvious indictor. Again the original masthead come primarily through in this logo which helps people remember my magazine. But this time i kept the orange shape around the title and simple wrote '.com' overlapping the orange shape so it was clear it was all linked together. I also inserted and edited in a mouse icon which is very easy to recognize and it always associated with computers so at a glance you would know what the logo is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment